How to Start an UGC campaign? Get Authentic Social Media Content
A user generated content (UGC) campaign is aimed at getting fans, followers, and customers to create social media content (especially photos and videos) featuring your products, services, restaurant, hotel, etc. Learn how to start a UGC campaign and get authentic social media content.
Why brands create UGC campaigns
UGC campaigns offer content to share on social media, the ability to reach new potential customers, and a way to foster a deeper connection with your audience.
Consumers trust other consumers. That’s why user-generated content is such an effective marketing strategy. Also, encouraging user-generated content from your current customers is an awesome way to engage them in your marketing process. The business-consumer relationship isn’t purely transactional. Chances are that a lot of your customers feel connected to your business, and curating user-generated content is a fun, powerful way to establish reciprocity in that connection.
Ideas for UGC Campaigns
Gathering UGC is relatively easy, especially if you already have a presence on social media. But even if you’re just getting started with growing your social audience, you can use some of the following methods to collect UGC:
- Use VoxFeed: VoxFeed is a platform that allows you to invite and manage UGC campaigns with your clients. You can manage invitations, requests, content created, payments, and measure the performance of every single interaction.
- Giveaways: Running a giveaway is an excellent way to gather UGC. Photo contests are perfect because you’re asking users to submit a photo for entry into your giveaway.
- Reviews: Reviews are another great way to gather authentic feedback. You can ask users to review your product and include a photo or video to show potential customers.
- Tagging: Whenever customers purchase your products, ask them to tag your brand on social media with their thoughts. Since tagged posts show up on your social profile, it serves as social proof, demonstrating you have a thriving customer base.
- Reward: You can offer a discount or coupon code to customers in return for reviews and feedback that include UGC. This improves the chances of users taking part with little effort required on your part.
- Challenges: Challenge your fans to create something involving one of your products and post pictures of the results. For example, you can challenge them to redesign a product and sharing the photos on Instagram, which you can use for promotional messages.
How to Start a UGC Campaign
1. Invite them to your campaign through a link
Once you have your brand and UGC campaign created on VoxFeed, you only have to click on “Share Campaign”:
A link will be automatically generated and copied so you can share it with your customers. You can send it by direct message, e-mail, or any other channel of communication that you have with your brand fans.
This URL takes whoever opens it to a page where they can see the campaign’s brief and register in the platform to participate. VoxFeed takes care of all of the onboarding.
Once the customers you invited join the campaign, their account will show up on your “Requests” section,
2. You have the power: Manage all the content
Every customer that wants to participate, has to create and send a UGC proposal so you can review and approve it. If it doesn’t fit the brief or the purpose of your campaign, you can suggest changes to it.
Nothing gets published without your approval. In addition, you can also set the date and time for that content to be published. Your brand advocates have to post the exact same content that you approved, otherwise it’s not validated. This means that the post that you have approved, cannot have any change to it afterward.
3. Measure Results
Once you have active participants, you will see the distribution of your credit and the flow of posts in your campaign. When those posts are live, you will be able to see their results. To have full control of the performance of your campaign, we suggest assigning specific UTM to the URLs of your campaign and/or a campaign dedicated Landing Page.
4. Repurpose UGC
repurposing user-generated content allows you to accomplish several important things:
- Extend the content’s reach and visibility through repetition
- Highlight different aspects of your business
- Reach more customers on different platforms
- Show users that you appreciate their participation
- Integrate user-generated content into more parts of your marketing strategy