TikTok for Influencers: Sharing a “Boost Code” with Brands – Ad Authorization
As an influencer, when you’re creating content on TikTok for brands, especially given the platform’s viral trends, brands can ask you to boost your post to reach a wider audience. Boosting a TikTok post allows your content to be seen by more people, including users who don’t follow your page but may be interested in what you’re promoting. Learn how to share an Ad Authorization Code on TikTok.
Influencer: How Boosting Content Works
Let’s say you’ve created content for a brand on TikTok, and they would like to promote it. The process to give them permission simply involves generating an ad authorization code on TikTok through the app that gives them the ability to then create an advertising campaign with it.
Available to anyone with a Pro account (Creator or Business type), you simply generate an ad authorization code and then select the TikTok post you want to boost.
Here are all of the steps, directly from TikTok:
- Tap on Me to go to your personal profile page, then tap the 3 dots on the top-right corner
- Hit “Creator Tools” and scroll to the bottom
- Turn on the Ad authorization toggle
To select and authorize a video for promotional use, from the TikTok app:
- Select a TikTok post to authorize
- Tap the three dots, then tap Ad settings
- Agree to Advertising Content Terms of Service and enable the Ad authorization toggle
- Generate a video code
After you authorized a video for promotional use, you will need to generate a video code to share with the advertiser and select the duration of that authorization.
From the post’s Ad settings module:
- Tap generate Code, then select the authorization duration. Choose from: 7, 30, 60 or 365 days
- Next, tap Copy Code to share the code with the advertiser.
Summary – Ad Authorization Codes on TikTok
Boosting a TikTok post allows your content to be seen by more people, including users who don’t follow your page but may be interested in what you’re promoting. They stand out from other ads that users see on other platforms, and this helps to grab attention. It also gives one the ability to boost a trend, or sound, amplifying it’s impact through a mix of branded and organic content.