Using TikTok for Marketing: 6 strategies and content examples for brands
Thinking about using TikTok for Marketing? Not sure where to start or what type of content will work best for your brand? We help you with 6 strategies and TikTok content examples so you can structure your communications strategies
See our complete guide to influencer marketing on TikTok
It’s no surprise that companies that show authenticity in their content are the most successful on TikTok. But the ones that really achieve that next level of performance do it through engaging and connecting with their audiences on a deeper level. And that doesn’t require big budgets; in fact, native and authentic content can be very efficient to create or you can use content creators to do it for you. Structuring content around storytelling formats that are simple to execute at scale will save both time and production costs when using TikTok for Marketing.
Using TikTok for Marketing: Strategies
TikTok is everywhere these days. It has managed to assume a position of prominence for several reasons:
- The imaginative nature of its videos. Creativity and humor are the key when using TikTok for marketing. It involves a lot of dancing in the kitchen in front of a cell phone.
- Audio clips and voice-overs. Users can choose from thousands of audio clips and sound bites for their videos. This makes for fun synchronization of sounds and dialogues.
- Easy to share. Short videos are easy to share with other TikTok users, as well as on other social media platforms such as Instagram or Twitter. This contributes to their virality.
- Challenges. Challenges are a popular form of content on TikTok. They provide a new way to interact on social networks, which makes TikTok have a high engagement rate.
TikTok is clearly a major new force in social media. So here are a few strategies when using TikTok for marketing.
#1 Be authentic
One of the most important things to keep in mind when creating a campaign on TikTok is to be as authentic and relatable as possible. Complicated and heavily edited content doesn’t work as well on this app as it does on Instagram, for example. Users prefer something a little more “raw” that they can laugh with and feel emotionally connected to.
#2 Collaborate with content creators
If you’re struggling to get followers on TikTok, you might want to think about partnering with relevant content creators on the platform. Brands can grow and manage their TikTok community through VoxFeed. By inviting their customers and followers to join campaigns, brands have the power to reach a wider audience.
#3 Work with influencers
Influencer marketing is popular because it can be one of the fastest ways to generate results. However, selecting influencers can be difficult, and it’s not easy to figure out if a particular influencer will deliver good results. To do this, VoxFeed Plus allows you to segment influencers based on their interests and audience profile. Find the best profiles for your campaigns based on their gender, interests, audience size, social media, engagement rate, cost, reach, or location.
#4 Join the trends
To get more followers, it’s key to understand how TikTok’s algorithm works. It prioritizes videos that use certain trending audio, effects or hashtags. These videos are more likely to be seen because they are spread by other users, and are easier to find when browsing the “Discover” tab.
Also, there is a hashtag you can follow that does the work for you. #trendalert is a popular international hashtag that some TikTokers use to identify trends that others can follow. They take it upon themselves to scour TikTok and identify what is gaining in popularity. The appeal of following this hashtag is that all you have to do is hop on whatever trend they have identified.
TikTok content examples
Your brand story
What is the story of your product, brand or service? Why were you inspired to create the business? What are the values you bring to your work? By answering this question, you can build a story that connects your business to your audience, gives them a backstory to your brand, and resonates with what’s important to them.
- Leverage user-generated content (UGC).
- Present your product or service with a clear message.
- Connect assets that directly engage your brand’s users,
- Connect images of the process, the place where it started or the most appropriate environment.
- End with a clear call to action (CTA). What should the audience do next?
Results first; the story later
Users want to know and see what to expect. Show your audience what can happen as an end result, and then work backwards through editing techniques to create the story of how to get to that point. This framework builds excitement from the start and great engagement through the content.
- Use assets that show the outcome of your brand, product or service.
- Break down the steps of how you got there via subtitles.
- Show a different version or take on the end result, tying to a clear CTA.
Strawberry banana milkshake 🍌 🍓♬ original sound - DAILY RECIPES❣️❣️
An elevator pitch is a brief and concise speech that aims to present a project, a product or any venture. Its mission is to persuade the audience in the time it takes an elevator ride: (between 45 seconds and 2 minutes).
Focus on what you are selling, how to use it and how relevant it is to your audience.
- Use subtitles and captions to present your message or slogan.
- Introduce assets that show the experience of using your product or service.
- Use assets that show how a user of your product feels (e.g. surprise) coupled with a clear call to action.
Step by (simple) step
Think about how your product is accessible. Detail in simple steps how to use or access your company’s products or services. Use subheadings and key visual elements of the process to detail the steps with a clear message.
- Establish the steps you will take the audience through with subheadings, linked to visual elements of your product.
- Use assets that show the process.
- End with a UGC-style reaction or commentary on the use and feel it provides, tied to a clear CTA.
@takisusa We’re SoOoOo TrEnDy #fyp #takis #quesadilla #TortillaTrend ♬ Pew Pew! (Part 2) - Official Sound Studio
Your product on everyday life
Show how easy it is for your brand to be (part of) a lifestyle. Highlight the use of your product or service, showing its versatility as an easy daily routine in different environments.
- Present your product through UGC or a DIY-style asset that speaks directly to users.
- Consider different types of usage environments for your products.
- Use influencer feedback or comments to address ease and accessibility.
- Highlight your product or service with a clear CTA.
@annabell_newman Morning routine! 👏🏽🤍with my fave @neutrogename Hydro boost water gel! Available to buy now! 💙 #NeutrogenaME #morningroutine #getreadywithme ♬ Say So (Instrumental Version) [Originally Performed by Doja Cat] - Elliot Van Coup
Easy, Fast and Reliable
Highlight your product or service as something accessible to anyone, anywhere. Use assets that show how easy it is for users to acquire it quickly.
- Show your product/service being used.
- Use assets that show the product/service integrated into a routine activity.
- Use UGC and subheadings to detail your call-to-action (CTA) message.
@benefitmexico I want it, I got it! 😍🛍 Benefit 💖 Sephora.com.mx #hotsale #benefitmexico ♬ sonido original - Benefit Cosmetics MX
How to boost your TikTok Marketing
In addition to forming a TikTok page and creating original content, brands can now grow and manage their TikTok community. By inviting their customers and followers to join campaigns through VoxFeed, brands have the power to reach a wider audience.
With VoxFeed, advertisers can create a free account and manage their influencer marketing campaigns across all the social networks they use (TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter).
With VoxFeed’s content approval and moderation system, brands can give creative freedom to their contributors, while ensuring that content is aligned with brand values and brand image before publishing. Finally, brands can manage all post-campaign follow-up, such as payment, evaluation and more.
VoxFeed understands that brands and marketers handle many different moving parts when running influencer marketing campaigns. Now, they can manage their campaigns, relationships and communities across different social media platforms, all in one place.